Tuesday, January 15, 2013

learning something new!

Well, after taking a bit of a break from knitting I've decided to pick up my needle (yes, I meant that to be singular). I finally decided to try the '2-at-a-time toe up socks with magic loop' technique. I have already knit 3 pairs and am on my fourth! Who knew knitting socks could be this much fun?? Knitting with DPNs always left me with second sock syndrome. I think I have a couple of socks without mates...ha! Anyway, this fourth pair that I'm working on is for me. Yep, I've decided to knit socks for me. I always knit for other people and don't ever think about knitting for myself. The socks are a very pretty cable pattern. I look forward to wearing them very soon! For Christmas I knit a few hats, a scarf, and socks for family members. I think they really liked their handmade gifts. Knitting for others makes me happy! If you remember, I stated in a previous post that I would like to attempt a sweater. Well, I finally found a pattern that doesn't scare me and I bought the yarn and got my mom's measurements. I figure if the sweater isn't perfect my mom will still be proud of me...and probably even wear it, imperfections and all! That's what moms do, I suppose. I'll post something more later. Right now I have a hat and pair of socks to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment